Monday, April 22, 2013

Boston: Not So Fine

Like almost everyone I know, I was magnetized by the coverage of the Boston marathon on tv. No matter how many times I saw the same pictures, I didn't leave the set. My emotions were many, and I expect that that, too, I shared with millions of other Americans.

But now I find myself dismayed by the repeated announcements that Boston is back to normal. After dutifully staying inside as instructed, Bostonians jammed the streets in joy that the second bomber was in custody; baseball came back; this morning,  the second bomber is even communicating (in writing because he cannot speak). God's hanging out above Boston again. 

No one on TV has said that nothing will ever be quite "normal" again for the people who lost a limb (or two) last Monday. Would someone please tell me why?  is there a chance that would dampen the mood just a tad?

1 comment:

  1. Toby you answered your own question perfectly. This has brought everyone to a point where they need to elevate the mood desperately. When things are bad people want to be "done" with them and move on. However, that is just not possible for so many. I know that we can't wallow in the sorrows of everyone around us every day and still be motivated and productive. But we need to find a better balance in my opinion...

    ReplyDelete